Sparkle’s Glitter Pumpkin CenterpieceOctober 22, 2009 9:51 am Crafts, Fall, Halloween, Holidays, Home Decor, Seasons
By Guest Blogger, Sparkle E. Glitter from the blog “Sparkle Studio”.
This swirly pumpkin looks great in the center of my table where a little bit of light from the window catches the glitter and makes it sparkle. I think I will leave it there until after Thanksgiving. It is made from paper, glue and glitter….very easy to make and inexpensive too. You can make it in any size. Mine is about 10 inches tall.
Here is what you need for a 10″ pumpkin:
- bristol board, 300# (I bought a large sheet with a 40% off coupon, so the price was right and I have enough to make at least three pumpkins)
- Glitter: orange, gold, green
- white craft glue
- #2 pencil
- small flat paintbrush
1. Draw a pumpkin pattern with swirls, or print out mine and use the copy machine to make it whatever size you want your pumpkin to be.
2. Transfer your pattern to the bristol board. An easy way to transfer is to draw over the pattern lines with a #2 pencil. Turn the pattern upside down on the bristol board. Hold in place and retrace all the lines on the back side of the pattern. Remember to add a stem to the top of your pumpkin. Trace and cut out two pumpkins. Trace the swirl lines on both sides of your cut out pumpkins.
3. Cut a slit at the center bottom of one pumpkin. Cut a slit at the center top of the other.
4. Using the flat paintbrush, brush glue on the swirls. Sprinkle gold glitter over wet glue. Shake off excess. Let dry before glittering swirls on the other side of the pumpkin. Glitter all four sides.
5. Brush glue to cover the rest of the pumpkin. Sprinkle orange glitter over wet glue. Shake off excess. Glitter all four sides.
6. Glitter the stems green on both sides.
7. Slide the slits together so the pumpkin will stand up. Place it wherever the light will catch the glitter and make it shine.
After Thanksgiving, you can take the pieces apart and lay them flat in a drawer or box until next year.
Wouldn’t it be cute to make small glitter pumpkins and use as place card holders?