More and more artists and crafters are using the web to sell their items. There are online auction sites, online craft fairs, and opportunities to create online shops. A key element of selling on such sites is to have crisp, clean photographs of your work. You can find a list of photography tips here on ThinkCrafts.com.
Most online artists and crafters offer these tips to get the perfect shots:
- Take your photos outside to get the best light on your items. Cloudy days are best as the filtered light helps bring pop to the photo.
- Display your item in an interesting way, but don’t let the background or display become too busy. You want your item to be the main attraction.
- Contrast your background and item. Light items on dark backgrounds and dark items on light backgrounds.
- Take photos from many different angles and select the one that gives the best view of your item.
- Use a tripod. Shaky hands led to unfocused images. Practice and get comfortable with your camera.